View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 01:49 AM   #45
lowbrow454

Re: Blazer Chalet #0661

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lamb View Post
Man seeing those pics makes me wish I still had mine. But grad school and not very much $$$ was not conducive to having an extra vehicle that got 10mpg.

FYI, if you have not discovered it yet, there's a small triangular trim piece right behind the passenger seat, accessible once you flip the seat forward. It's held on by 3 or 4 screws. There's a cavity about the size of a small shoe box behind the panel. Makes a great place to stash extra cash when traveling. Also, what with the fridge in the rear, the main power cable runs beneath the body. Mine caught on fire (the wires) amazingly enough while I was under the truck. Lots of yelling at a friend to disconnect the battery (he disconnected the wrong one first) while I was blowing, swatting, etc. Anyway, I would put those wires inside a cable sleeve, especially if you plan on doing any four wheeling in it.
I saw the panel but didn't think anything of it till you said something. Definitely a good idea.

Pretty scary catching on fire while you are working on it. None of the camper accessories have been tested yet. After we get it back we plan on going through all the wiring and plumbing. Didn't want to light the furnace after 40+ years of rotten hoses. That would be my luck to burn it down after paint.
'77 K5 Blazer Chalet #0661 Build thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=776072
'79 K10 Bonanza
lowbrow454 is offline   Reply With Quote