View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 09:37 PM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Headlight Adjusters

My '95 Suburban has single headlights and the plastic BS for the adjustment screws went bad. From what I hear that's really common, like the interior door handles failing. I replaced the driver side and now the passenger adjuster "clips" also failed. I am having a heck of a time with this. I got the adjusters at NAPA and on this side the things won't "snap" in. I tried and tried. It looks like the prongs are too long, like they didn't account for the thickness of the core support. I tried prying them out to grab, broke one. I took the other and trimmed those prongs a bit, still had to pry them open to grab. I'm not sure that will hold up. So, back into town for a couple more (one spare). Try again, trim some and pry...broke both! Now the NAPA store is closed so I am forced to go to Advance. Well, Advance it is not, more like behind if you ask me. After answering "305 or 350?" with "454" for frikkin' headlamp parts the guy says they don't even carry them...What??!! This is a common wear problem on probably the most common single vehicle design out there on the road and they don't carry them?? 88-98 Chevy/GMC C & K Blazer/Jimmy, Tahoe/Yukon, 2dr/4dr, Suburban 1500/2500, and 1500/2500/3500/3500HD Trucks...millions!!!! And they don't carry them...just nuts. So my Suburban sits out there with one headlight out, the battery removed, and I have to try the NAPA once again tomorrow...if they have more.

Am I the only one who has had problems with these fasteners? What the trick?This is what I absolutely hate about working on newer crap...plastic clip-on bull scat. Give me a screw or bolt and I can handle it. I own wrenches and screw drivers and don't give a rats ass about the penny saved on the vehicles that sell for more and more every year. I may just JB weld them in place. I don't think that will create any problems down the road. That would take care of the part that goes bad.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote