View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 05:14 AM   #152
Killer Bee

Re: Need seat pictures please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchecharlie View Post
just for information sake only-i just recieved a quote from sms with what they consider the factory correct materials for a 65 deluxe seat cover. it is the fawn looking vinyl with the fabric weave looking seat bottoms and the white stripe on top.dont know if the stripe is welded but think it is sewn. i asked them if they would sew me a cover also (via email) and they sent me a sample sheet with two small bits of the materials and a picture of a sewn seat (maybe a member here?) anyway they want 675 if iam remembering right, for the seat cover sewn up and ready to install. this is obviously both bottom of bench and back of seat. ill post pics later when i get home. i thought it was a bit high, and it is compared to a cheapy lmc or bulk made cover but my local shops (there are 2) both wanted 650 without material but included some foam and what not. so even though it is as much as 3x as exspensive as cheap its about in the middle for custom. iam going to do it and see? i recieved another quote for my 49 ford two door coupe-with headliner. door panels ect..and front and back bench seats-12,500 . so only having one seat and some carpet is easy i guess!
you can read about my fiasco with those folks around the board but let me emphasize this little nugget..

they repeatedly sent my upholsterer SIMILAR pattern material for the center panels after sending me the actual correct sample in the beginning..

see post above of a remnant of the actual correct material it took me over a year to get from them..

and yes, the ivory stripe is sewn in separately..

good luck!

here it is finally installed;