View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 09:01 PM   #887
Janky59

Stock Manifold Heat Installation Part 1

Maybe this will help out others down the road. I'll post pics and comments as I do the installation of a heat plate from Langdon's Stove Bolt Six on my stock intake manifold.
Langdon's also sells a thermostat housing with two outlets, one for the heater supply and one to route coolant to the heat plate. A comment on this part though, both outlets were tapped for 3/8" pipe fittings, where as the one I took off was tapped for 1/2" pipe fittings. I sourced a reducer (upper LH brass part in pic) to adapt the heater hose fitting to fit the 3/8" port of the new part. I know it would have been best to drill out the 3/8" and re-tap to 1/2" but I didn't want to go down that road.
The brass fitting on the right will go to the heat plate, the returning fluid will go to the brass fitting on the lower LH side of the pic. I will be changing that to a 90° elbow, not the 45° shown, I was just test fitting things so far. I need to get a shorter nipple to bring the tee lower and get a 45° street elbow to get the returning heater hose to attach at a good angle.
So, as I get the parts and make progress I'll add to this thread.
Attached Images

2011 Ducati Hypermotard
1959 Chevy 3100
Janky59 is offline   Reply With Quote