View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 07:04 PM   #891
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: Tricked-out Chevy six cylinder engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rN@te61 View Post
Just about finished with my engine mods. Its a 250 out of a '71 Camaro. Checked the compression and almost perfect so I decided to go ahead and redo it. Painted the engine, polished valve cover, Offenhauser intake, 12bolt split manifolds, polished water pump and thermostat housing, HEI distributor, and 500cfm Edelbrock carb. Waiting on some carb linkage and custom hotrod fuel hose fittings. I need to rig some exhaust pipes on it so I can get to to the shop to complete the exhaust. Have two porter mufflers and intend to do a H pipe. Thinking about bellflower tips out each side. Now I got to figure out how to move the clutch slave cylinder its way too close to an exhaust pipe now.
I used a combo GM '72 gas pedal and Jen-E throttle cable and did away with the rube goldberg bellcrank-pivot-boomerang linkage. Cable goes around head on Pass side and over valve covers to pick up throttle on EDL1404.

When you do an exhaust crossover, remember the collector of the 1-2-3 pipe on the drivers side is ~6-8'' forward of the collector for the 4-5-6 pipe on the pass side.
My crossover is therefore an "N'' with the cross pipe cutting in at an angle from the drivers side to the pass side. Old circle trackers' trick.
Attached Images

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.

Last edited by '68OrangeSunshine; 04-04-2020 at 08:29 PM.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote