View Single Post
Old 10-09-2023, 11:24 AM   #898
Agv63

Re: Tricked-out Chevy six cylinder engines

After going thru this , i am really contemplating on fitting the inline back in my 63.
Running 455 pontiac currently , which is nice but it just doesnt do it fo me, the truck is fighting back. Like it's rejecting the v8 transplant. Giving me many headaches on various things. Anyway, been thinking of going back to inline 6 and stuff the poncho in my chevy eltoro (relabeled holden hq one tonner) last pic.
3 of my cars is powered by chevy inlines , i am a inline type of guy, even did one in my opel senator.
Back in the day general motors south africa relabeled many other gm products and stuffed chevy 4 and 6 cyl inlines into them. Opel, holden and vauxhall, we had some pontiacs here but came with chevy power.

Some pics of some of the stuff i have done or build over the years. Made a intake to run 44 idf carb. Took some time to get fuel curve right but now its the finer tuning. Got some more emulsion tube and jets and explore more. Its on a 230 now th350 and 2.92 rear. Cruising 60kph in town i'm still running on the idle jets in the transition circuit.
With the other 3 pics. Here in south africa gmsa released the 153 with a 36dcd weber and gm cast intake. Came out as the H.O .
I took 2 manifolds, cut and got it welded for dual webers.
In the pic there is 32/36dgv clones. Tried it, but the 250 didnt like it , needs more tuning time., tried 2 x 38dgas webers , responds much better with the 38/38 carbs.
Attached Images

Agv63 is offline   Reply With Quote