View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 04:16 PM   #4
SCOTI

Re: Auto Tilt Lower Column Bearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
If you can’t find the correct bearing,... could you machine a 3/4” x 1” bushing instead?
Surely the correct bearing is out there.
Yes. Machining some Delrin or a bronze bushing could be done but I figured it's possible someone has been down this rabbit hole & knows of the bearing needed w/o purchasing some $100 'kit for classics'.

I was originally hoping/planning on the CPP 'Column Saver' kit to clean-up the end of the column based on the final product Gringoloco completed for his truck. But, by the time I trimmed the outer column housing & the shift tube to length, there does not appear to be enough material (& my plan was to even trim that set-up shorter). I've found alternative options but they were mainly for guys modding floor shift columns so their method may/may not work since the end of my column tube & shift fork are in close proximity.

Keeping it simple sounds appealing @ this time so I need to do due diligence finding a possible alternate bearing before moving on to custom.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote