View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #22
jbclassix
Junk Yartist

Re: Eaton HO72/HO52 vs. 14 Bolt FF

I believe you are asking this because you want to use the slide on rotors correct? I am fairly certain the 11.5 AAM hubs are way too different. I don't know about the 02+ 10.5 hubs.

This is actually something I have been thinking about doing with my eaton because I don't want to use the Caddy calipers.

One thing for sure is that A backing plate bracket will have to be fabricated and welded to the axle housing.

As for the hubs, there are 2 possible easy routes.
1. Early Eaton axles used slide-on drums, which may work for the 02+ rotors
2. Mid 90+ 14Bolt FF axles used in some Suburbans (for sure, maybe lighter 3/4T trucks and 1 ton vans) used a slide-on drum. For the 14 bolt hubs, read below.

Here is what you need to make the 14 bolt hub work on the Eaton spindle, you will need to use a combination of an inner bearing cone for an Eaton and a Bearing race for a 14 Bolt hub. Then for the outer bearing, you will need to have the 14 Bolt hub machined to accept the Eaton outer Bearing race.

I am not the first person to try this. There are many others who have put the 14 bolt hubs on an Eaton.

edit: I just looked closer at the link you posted... If you enlarge the picture of the 14 Bolt you will see a spacer/adapter that they used to adapt the newer bracketry to the original axle. I am curious to know what they did for the hub/rotor? I checked out their web page and it doesn't say anything about the kit.

YOU ONLY FAIL IF YOU STOP TRYING

70 Crew Cab Build Link

70 GMC Suburban 4X4 build thread

95 Yukon Daily Driver

Rebuilding an NP205

Last edited by jbclassix; 03-10-2013 at 01:02 PM.
jbclassix is offline   Reply With Quote