View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 11:53 PM   #14
BarryB

Re: Help before I go crazy. 99 suburban 5.7 vortec wont start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzales View Post
If and it's a big if. You have fuel, spark and compression. Than the spark is happening at the wrong time. Simple as that.

So the question is how do you know you have compression? Cause you heard it run when you yanked out the donor vehicle?

Incidentally a SBC will not run if it looses spark to 3 or more plugs. Did you check all 8?
This motor did run when I pulled it out. No, I did not check all 8.
The former owner of this Burb, had the dist. replaced,because the mechanic said it was bad. So new dis. and etc. Burb was running again. He was driving down the road, when it died. He had another "ASE CERTIFIED GM " mechanic look at it. He said the original motor had jumped time. Well last night just cuz. I pulled the old motor apart to see. The dots lined up perfectly. Chain had a lil slop, but nothing unexpected. SO this leads me to believe that what ever caused the original motor to quit is still the problem.
NOW, I did pull the injector plug, all I had was a circuit tester, I put it to the hot side of the injector leads. had someone crank it over. It would light up and stay lit. It didn't pulsate. It did this on all the ones I tried. soon as you started cranking it would light up and stay lit. Is that right????

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote