View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #360
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

freakshow108, Thanks! I am sure you will have your blazer in paint before you know it. This is definitely one of the monumental occasions during a restoration. The others are the first time you fire it up, the first time you drive it, and when it is finally completed.

NewType72, You and me both!

YBNORML, Thanks! According to my glove box door it is Dark Blue, but the factory 72 paint chart called it Mariner Blue. To be honest the color is one of the big reasons why I bought this blazer. I like to keep my vehicles the factory color and knew I had to have a factory red or blue blazer with a white or black interior. This one was originally blue with white interior.

72ironmike, Thank you for the very kind and encouraging words! The great people like you and everyone else on this forum deserve a huge credit for projects like this. Without everyone's help and support I am sure that a lot fewer projects like this one would ever get completed. Oh, and I have to agree with you. This blazer was definitely put together with a whole lot more determination the second time around than the first time around. That's what I always tell people that are afraid to tear into these trucks. Every part of your truck was originally put together by a guy that had one minute to assemble hit part, it was his job and he was likely just trying to get through the day and didn't care about the vehicle at all, and no one at that time thought of these vehicles as anything but work vehicles.

jjzepplin, Welcome!

Greenlee, Thanks!

Muleman100, Thank you for all of the help! This project would be only a fraction of what it is without your overwhelming help. There is a long way to go but it is satisfying to know what we have been able to accomplish up to this point!

sicklajoie, Thanks! Its one of my favorites.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote