Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 12:25 AM   #5664
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Wow man, way to get after it! To be honest though, I really enjoy your rebuilds and write-ups so I dumped a little Smooth-B-Gon in that Saginaw case. Heh heh.
ha ha, that was you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Do you think that what you're experiencing at this point is just tolerances that have opened up due to use and age?
Bro you always ask the right questions. Yeah I think so, I called Allstate Gear, the place where I got my rebuild kit to ask their Tech Support for some advice and without hesitation the guy recommended I call Jon Bergeron at Kajun Enterprises in Texas, which I did and Jon said he hasn't worked on a Saginaw in a while and was trying to get out of that business, he really did not have VooDoo advice for me as I was hoping. So then I called Mike at Transmission Warehouse literally walking distance from my house who said sometimes they cut off the sprocket off of one of the gears, it was over the phone and I think he said 4th gear but he may have been thinking something else, which got me thinking so I did some Web sole searching...
Gregski is online now   Reply With Quote