View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 03:16 AM   #53
rfmaster

Re: Tbi swap build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracing15 View Post
Not done yet I have run into a little problem with it. I have had it running and it ran great but for some reason It has stopped gitting fuel to the injectors and since I have went backed to work I have not had any time to get back and check anything. It has a brand new pump in the tank so I don't know why it has quit but I HOPE to get back to it Sat. If I can stop having to running calls long enuff. I am a hvac thec for a rather large contractor for this area and we have been swamped with calls since I got back. (Globlal Warming my A**.) This is the coldest it has been around here in at least five years.

Anyway I will have an update when I get time to work on it. Thanks for asking. ,Jamie
You can verify that FP is functioning couple of ways.

1) When you cycle ignition key from off to run ECM goes through a POST routine during which FP relay is energized for about 2-3 seconds (you shouls be able to hear it run) and subsequently turn off. If all other test check out SES goes from solid - blinks off and turns back on solid until engine starts (after cranking). During cranking FP should be energized.

It is rare, but 7747 ECM have been know to loose FP relay circuit driver transistor (2N2907 ) when FP relay is shorted to ground.

2)To verify if FP is functional you can force FP relay into a test operation via bypass, fuel system prime pig tail at the FP relay socket.

1975 Chevrolet C20 longbed
350/700R4! with 3inch body lift
Dual Flowmasters Super 40's!
TBI retrofit completed (2007-07-29)
New 383CID (+030) 08-304-8 9.5:1CR x36,005 (2012-12-17)