View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #71
408cuda

Re: Tbi swap build thread

Hey Guys, been working late and haven't had time to post anything. I wired it up as shown here, not sure if I forgot something but this should about cover it. Forgive the grade school artwork. All of the other ECM and sensor wires are untouched if not noted, everything is hooked up as it was other than the o2 sensor, plan to wire a 3 or 4 wire but probably not until after we fire it (will use the 1 wire temporarily)

The truck has an electric speedo and no VSS buffer that I can find and I traced the wiring under the donor dash to the cluster. We are trying to make the 88 speedo work in the 59 so that would help put that fire out. Will I need to do anything with the VSS wires to get it to run? We hope to test fire it soon. I ran new plug wires last night and buttoned up the under dash wiring. Just need to move the knock sensor and slide the donor tank under temporarily and plumb it up and she should be about ready. I can't move the KS to the other side because the headers are block huggers and dump right into the center on both sides. I might see if I can mod the KS wire/connector to clear the header as it isn't hitting by much.

If something looks off I'm all ears.

Thanks again,
Chad
Attached Images