View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 12:02 PM   #9
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

On September 14, I finished up the backing plates (front and rear) with Rust Encapsulator. The next day I reassembled the rear brakes with all-new hardware including e-brake cables from LMC Truck and Grade 8 stainless steel bolts.

I also painted the new drums and axle ends with several thin coats of high-temp paint followed by clearcoat, though they have yet to be installed due to various delays (needed the old pinion bearing pressed off and the new one pressed on, which I forgot about until a Friday night and which therefore cost me a weekend of work, and I'm now waiting for a dial caliper and in-lb torque wrench to be delivered so I can install the Eaton posi).

One of these days I need to decide if I'm going to bend my own brake lines or just spring for pre-bent stainless lines from somewhere. Problem with the pre-bent lines is they say they're for coil-spring rears only and mine has leaf springs. If anyone knows the difference and if there's a specific reason those coil-spring lines wouldn't work for my application, I'd love to know.
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)

Last edited by brossow; 10-15-2007 at 12:06 PM.
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote