View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 09:32 PM   #41
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
The stance for the truck is spot on! As for headers, does Rob at No Limit have suggestions for what will fit? Anticipate others have built with this chassis and figured out what will work.

Regulator and fuel filter mounting. if it matches the theme, or look, you are going for, I like option one...unless it starts getting too crowded in that area with AC lines and heater hoses running in too. In that case, option two might be better...from a visual perspective.
Thanks! I'm super happy with the stance. On the headers, Rob has suggestions for the smaller tube stuff, like 1 3/4", but at the time didn't really have much in terms of the larger tube stuff.

On the regulator, I'm torn. The colors match the general theme in the engine bay, grey and black. However, like you mentioned, the fuel lines would cross the AC lines and I am not so sure I'd like that. Or I could add like 10 ft and go up and down and around, but I am balancing the performance aspect too, so not keen on adding a ton of extra fuel line. I also like the look of the smooth firewalls I've seen. I shouldn't have to adjust the regulator too often, but I don't want to make it impossible to get to. Ahh the trade-offs ... where's the magic 8 ball with car project decisions?

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote