View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #13
BMERDOC

Re: I Found the Magic Button!

I have to add this...Looking at the picture of my alignment with no shims if I could have landed at -.5° camber and 3.9° caster I might well call that good enough. Is it in spec? No, but the original specs in a word STINK! There isn't enough caster OR camber allowed. Sorry, I'm not that old, it may have had something to do with bias ply tires but I doubt it. Could it have been that a truck was made for work? I doubt that too. If I had +.5 camber dialed in and had the bed (or tongue) so loaded down that the nose was light then the camber would be even more positive making things worse. Not adding enough caster makes higher speed stability twitch and return-to-center dull and almost no exsistant. Dialing in better specs not only makes your truck handle better but it is also SAFER. Your truck will be more likely to do what you need it to do when you need to grab handfuls of steering wheel to get out of a jamb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
Great thread! You'll get to align a bagged truck soon
Its only a matter of time! Without a doubt I'll be posting our findings when the Stepper is on the rack!
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote