View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #233
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

alsriv2, I am glad you were able to find the parts you needed. Good luck with the build!

So I took a little time away from all the SuperBowl Sunday pre game action and worked on the blazer up until game time. By the way congratulations to any Packers fans! It was a perfect day to work on a blazer, it was 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.

I started by finishing the removal of the rotten rear bed pillar.

I thought I was going to use the rear inner part of the pillar that you see in this picture, but when I inspected it closely I found that the entire bottom of this pillar was thin and rotten as well. Fortunately it simply bolted to the bed floor so it was a breeze to remove. It is a good thing I went as far as I did on this rear pillar section, it was basically holding on by a thread.

The next step was to remove the donor pillar. This pillar was extremely solid, however it was a little more banged up since it was from a truck bed.

I was able to remove the pillar and part of the inner bed (top and bottom of inner bed on blazer was rotten) as one big patch panel. I was afraid I would have to cut it into a couple of smaller pieces to get it removed but the only thing I had to do was scalp the top part off (which will be welded back on later).

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote