View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 12:04 AM   #1
BabyBlue
The Peacemaker

Out with the old and in with the new.

After much deliberation, cleaning spree's, cursing at cleaning the hair out of the seats and not having anything except for my brown 78' stepside to carefully haul some stuff in I have made the decision to switch back to a truck as a daily driver. As some of you may know, it is hard to find a 2wd up in NY or in the northeast period especially looking at new trucks. So I am trading in my Subaru (insurance was too expensive on the thing anyway), and selling my 71' 2wd Blazer that I picked up a few months ago to BUILD my new truck.

I made it pretty simple and will be putting a down payment to build the truck later tomorrow (7/28. I decided on a 2015 Sierra RCSB 2wd, 5.3L, SLE, Trailering package, 3.42 gears, color matched wheel lip openings and rear wheelhouse liners in the beautiful color of Sonoma Red. Truck will wind up arriving during truck month which is great timing for incentives.

I am putting the factory style 20x9" wheel on the truck....the ones that kind of look like beehives or whatever. Staggering the tires 265/45R20 and 285/50R20 Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season's. Also adding a Mcgaughy's 4/7 lowering kit with shocks....all the parts are ordered and will be waiting for the truck.

Once the 71' blazer sells, I'll add Hooker headers, Flowmaster hi-flo cats, flowmaster super 40 mufflers with a stainless 3" exhaust system, K&N air intake, MAFS, a tonneau cover and then call it good for the time being.

If anyone wants the 71' it is in the classifieds and I will give you a good deal on it, especially with all the money I spent making it more road worthy because it was for sitting for so long.

All in all, I'm gonna have the only truck in my area like it, and I'm very happy that it'll be built the way I want instead of taking what someone has on the lot.
Attached Images

79k original miles & being restored

1979 Chevy 2wd Short Wide
aka "Emma-Jayne"
Cordova brown with mandarin guts

2019 Chevy Tahoe LT

Previous rides:
-2002 Firehawk T/A, 2006 Trailblazer SS AWD, 2014 GMC Sierra RCSB, 1971 2wd Blazer, 1996 SNB, 1997 2dr 2wd Yukon, 2001 Silverado RCSB, 2011 Silverado Z71 4x4, 1982 2wd Blazer, 1997 2dr Tahoe, 1970 Chevelle SS, 1972 2wd Blazer, 1986 Silverado Stepside, 1995 S-10, 1985 Silverado SWB.
BabyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote