View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 07:49 PM   #93
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Friday evening I finished shortening up the rear tailight harness and fuel sending unit wire. I had new terminal ends so I just cut the wires and put new ends on everything. It all worked and looked clean. Pictures don't really show anything.

This weekend the goal was to clean all my interior panels and prep them for painting. Friday night I went at scuffing the previously painted door panels. I was hoping the paint would just scuff and I could clean them up but that didn't go so well. The paint started peeling off so I had to strip them. I used the pressure washer and went to work. Took a while but I got them stripped off.

Saturday morning I painted the dash, door panels, armrest, kick panels and armrest. The SEM works really well and everything turned out good. I put more material on this stuff than I did the seat and it came out smoother, without any "rough" spots.

So last night I was able to start putting the kick panels together. I added some sound deadening to the inside of the speaker kick panels to dampen everything.

I then installed the main kick panel and then the speaker kick panel and screwed everything together. This stuff fits super tight with all the sound deadening and carpet and insulation. It was a struggle on both sides.

The sound is awesome though. These Boston Acoustic speakers sound great with the little Kenwood amp. Pretty please with the sound.

Earlier today I was able to work on the drivers side door panel. I attached the wiper seal to the door panel. I put the door panel insulator foam on the back side. I put the clips, etc on the panel that were needed. I then installed the window handle and armrest.

Lastly I double sided taped the lower carpet panels to the door itself.

Im sorta torn as to whether I should leave the door pocket the stock great color and just install it as is. ... Im also kinda torn as to how "bland" the armrest looks. Im considering painting it black to mix up the gray...or possibly order another pint of gray, something darker obviously. Its frustrating as the color samples dont seem to represent the color accurately. The actual color is significantly lighter than the chips.

I also want to upgrade the window riser handle at some point. The aftermarket stuff is junkkkkky.

I thought I was gonna be able to install the dash pad today but the truck had other ideas. The clips I have are earlier clips and dont work right with the 81-87 dash pad. I struggled with getting it to fit up under the windshield trim correctly. I hope the new clips help with that. I am happy with the color and the molding for it.