View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 08:57 AM   #98
cruizin01

Unhappy Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Wow, that is really coming together!! Love the colors
Thanks.

I got my new armrest yesterday from LMC. The color looked pretty close to the door pockets so I went ahead and drilled the 4 holes for the pockets and mounted the armrest on the passenger side. I did the same on the drivers side. Then I stepped back and realized the colors are several shades off and Im really not happy with the color on the armrest and they don't sit very flat on the door panels either. sigh.. Along with the fact I scraped the heck out of the passenger side door panel when my screwdriver slipped.

So I reinstalled the oem color matched armrest for now. What Id really like to do at some point I think is buy some 80's style door panels that match up with the dash. I cant think of anything I can do at this point with the panels I have that will make me feel they fit the truck right...

Moving on.. with the LMC order I got the correct dash clipped so I had by wife help me slip it into place. It fit "pretty" well. Not perfect. I wish it said slightly closer to the windshield and had a bit more material on the left side nearest the door but it is what it is.

I had to drop the column to get the dash bezel installed. It fit pretty mediocre but Ive read that's the case with most trucks. I got it all to fit satisfactory. The bezel doesn't fit tight up against the Dakota digital gauges but you can't see it unless your looking for it. I didn't want to stress the bezel and take a chance of breaking it. Overall Im happy with the dash and the bezel.

Just waiting on the ashtray and glovebox doors to be painted with the hood to pretty much close out the interior of the truck. I do need to install a review mirror and install a courtesy light. I really need a dome light of some sort which I have but its for a headliner setup and I don't have any wiring in the truck so that will come at some point.