View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #57
YOLO
Custom Truck Lover!

Re: Finished my 64 two days ago and this happened!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micmac View Post
I understand thoroughly your dilemma after both shoulders twice. I should never have went Airborne :
Not to hijack your thread, this is what I've been up to.

Tell me about it. As my skills were exhausted after making the bed slats, staining them-, oh I can wrench farmhand style, and paint the hell out of tractors and wood sheds but wish to give it what it deserves I really thought hard about it and looked for a few years for someone who knows about theses trucks in the body shop. The herd is thinning out as far as those who wish to keep it real.I found a guy down east North Carolina, and he is taking her all the way down to the frame I bought a new diesel 2500 high country in 2016, I'm expecting that to be cheaper than the task at hand!(not really) I'm getting long in the tooth, and with the ravages of old age and health and with mortality staring me in the face I wanted to do it. Just reality at hand I made a decision to go all the way with my truck. Typical upgrades, Vintage Air, disc brakes and power steering, suspension upgrades, upgrade the head/tail lights pull the ol 6 cylinder out and freshen her up to run good on modern fuel etc. My son who is 30 has spent his entire life riding in the truck wants it when I'm gone. I want him to get the years of enjoyment I have had with her, and in turn my grandchildren. He's very responsible and will do her right. As I have oft heard in the antique motorcycle circles, "we are but caretakers of our machines "
Sounds like you are doing the right thing. Good luck.