View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 12:13 AM   #9
Brads49

Re: 1949 resto mod new project

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcol View Post
I guess the moderators have this in the right area now. I plan on up dating this project two or three times a week and will respond to all questions and input as they come in.
Right now I have the Mark 8 IRS setting under the truck but won't start the installation till I install the Mustang 2 front cross member. I am currently waiting for the cross member to come in and am ordering a new front cross member / radiator support. The original support is cracked and rusted through in places.
This rear suspension looks like it is going to be a lot easier to install than I thought it would be. The lower shock mount on the lower control arm is a straight shot up to the frame rail and the air bag upper mount will easily mount to the frame without cutting the frame. I will have to clearance the frame for the upper control arm. I also intend to box the frame in too.
I have one question someone here might be able to answer. This truck has the old knee shock absorbers on the front. I have never seen these on this late of a truck. I will enclose a photo. Did Chevrolet have these from the factory in '49? Just curious. Thanks and I'll keep you posted

My '49 also had the knee action shock absorbers. I'm assuming that they were factory.
Brads49 is offline   Reply With Quote