Thread: S-series SASs
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 10:04 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

S-series SASs

I have always toyed with building an S15, S15, or Sonoma the way I want...like a small version of the big truck. I guess thy became that in '88 with trucks gig to IFS, but I'm talking back the other way. So what front axle would I use? I always figures a Jeep axle would be about right for width. Should be pretty easy to find a Dana 44 with how the market is flooded with Rubicons.

I just thought I'd start a thread for discussion/info on these mini trucks kicking it up a notch. I think about building one real clean to look like it could have been factory (my favorite style of custom) or the other send of the spectrum and build one for trails, etc. I was thinking yesterday about starting with a longbed, bob the frame, and build a flatbed trail rig. I want a GM and the smaller size is a big advantage.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote