View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #9
BigMike

Re: Overheating issues

I made sure the water pump was correct rotation and not a serpentine setup when I bought it. I had a no name high volume pump in it when I first got it running but swapped it out in my quest to lower the temps. I hope the fuel pressure is the problem, along with the timing being off. I have seen videos of fuel dripping while idling and mine does the same thing.

Having a heck of a time trying to get a regulator though...I guess the idiots in CA deem them the devil and won't allow Amazon to ship here? So sick of the morons that make the laws here, but I digress. I can't even find one in local parts stores so I will have to order through eBay.

I've owned just over 100 vehicles in my life and have never had the issues I've had with this thing as far as over heating goes. But this is also only the third Edelbrock setup I've owned. So tempted to switch to Holley but I have thrown so much $$$ at it already to fix the problem. I feel with your guys input I may be getting close to fixing it.

Also, heads have never been off. Motor has about 45K on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by homemade87 View Post
I agree with this . If you do get one only set the pressure when the gauge and engine is at room temp at first start up . After that you will get a false reading when the heat starts to warm everything .

I do agree to get you timing correct .

Are you sure you got the proper rotation on your water pump . If I remember correctly those come in both standard and reverse rotation . It sound like you have covered all the bases . Just something strange going on . I would verify the water pump part # to rule it out .

Just something to check off you list since your are beyond common problems .

Also has the heads been off . Head gaskets can be a problem if not correct .
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcampoDave View Post
Does your Mallory have a working vacuum advance?
Yes, Mallory has a vacuum advance on it
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote