View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #103
skymangs

Re: Project "Sweet 16"

Mknittle, I am struggling with the lining stuff up portion... When I angled the radiator, nothing fit right... We're working through it though, slowly but surely.

Atommik, the motor mounts worked out PERFECTLY... I'm using the stock 71 malibu 350 manifolds, with no clearance issues. I have over an inch between the steering shaft and manifold. Only place it gets a little close is between the bottom of the pass manifold and the upper A frame. still good, but close. You might look into 87 Camaro manifolds... they are tight, and pass side exits out the rear. I considered them before figuring out the stock manifolds would work. My steering shaft angles look real nice, and travels from lock to lock with no binding... I am not planning on using a mechanical pump, but it looks like clearance would be real tight. We are using the stock in tank S10 pump with a return style regulator. Yes, we'll definately need to add a transmission hump, but not too large a one, maybe 3 inches high.

99, didn't take the hood off today, got side tracked on another project. Will take pics of engine tomorrow, promise!

Wait till you see the crazy steering wheel we came up with!
skymangs is offline   Reply With Quote