View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #82
Scott>72-GMC

Re: What's your best theft deterrent ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzepplin View Post
I was building a truck for my buddy and was almost done. The parking dept came by and red tagged it to be moved or towed as it was one foot into the sidewalk. (It was a Heavy Industrial area of Oakland California) Well we moved it up way further into the driveway about a half car length and removed the suck butt super sticky sticker very carefully from the new windshield. While he was at work the next day someone stole the truck. It had to be towed as it did not run yet. So he called the cops and they explained that the county had towed the vehicle. So he went to go get it that night and fight about it later. Got to the impound yard and it had been stripped. No engine or trans wheels were swapped brakes were gone and most of the interior. Go figure. We had build pics and even one of where it was parked. So he sued them and won but it was nowhere near what he had in it. We bet some cop has a running custom built engine in his 66 now. It was my first port and polish job and I never got to hear it run.

Oh wow. In my town of 6-7 hundred I don't think that will happen but I'm sorry to hear that. That sux
Posted via Mobile Device