View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 02:27 PM   #1
LH Lead-Foot

White cab over ?, how to attach chrome?

Just an old school thought about painting the cab's top white, and putting an aftermarket aluminum / stainless steel trim strip on back of cab. I have never seen the OEM attachment method for the classic C10 look. For years at the GM dealer, a walk thru the body shop had many naked cars with factory welded taps or nail-heads as my son called them. Then plastic clips attached to them, holding the trim in place.
Does anyone have an experience with the 3 piece set of bright cab back trim, aftermarket or OEM?
I have called LMC in the past regarding a simple technical question, only to find out the had no clue. With 3M adhesive plastic clips would work, I guess. I don't have a solid answer that makes me feel comfortable. An experienced painter/body tech or anyone who has restored a 67-72 C10, with the white top over color body would know what is best. What works, what doesn't, or should I paint the top the same color as the body. What have you done with the transition around the cab's backside using metal trim?
I am on the fence with this idea as this build is in the planning stage. I guess no one wants to see the trim come loose and reach for glue or epoxy.
Thought's?
LH Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote