View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 01:01 PM   #22
Tigger

Re: The (first?) Chevy Diesel was a Dud?!?

The 5.3l is a good running engine and presently accessible to me. My friend wrote off the Body in his 99 Suburban recently and other than the leather interior, the Driveline is still Purring. The suburban is a heavy vehicle and the vortex did a good job in getting up to speed. Towed his 21ft. boat up north Fishing many times without grief whenever required. Unfortunately it is a four wheel drive and a modern transmission or conversion plate as mentioned in a previous link will need to be fabricated or purchased. A 5.3l Vortex married to a TH400?
I have a friend in the recycling business and I supplied a wish list for a Late Model truck. I was hoping the last Snow Storm would wound a New GMC/Chevy truck., and I might be able to buy something from an insurance co. which is of course going to be much more than I paid for Charlene.
The Suburban was replaced with a 2004 5.7 vortex and that is a sweet ride. Up ihere in the North we had a hard time finding an extended-cab with a 8 foot box. Apparently, few people are interested in a full box. Does nobody use their vehicles for work anymore?
Fuel economy is important, so I can Pilot this truck daily through the coming Summer and I believe ANY fuel injected G.M motor is more efficient than the Quadra-BOG carburetor
Thanks for the opinions, keep them coming.

Rob
Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote