View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 04:02 PM   #11
Krispykreme64

Re: Pics and advice needed for the best wheel offset to clear on a bagged C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin63 View Post
The front is really limited to the inner fender, if it's unmodified without a pocket for the wheel and tire to tuck up into. The inner fender will rest on top of my 26-inch tall tire when my front air springs are aired down.

For the rear, I had to raise my bed 1-inch and run a sheetmetal Ford 9-inch and the top of the center of the housing still would contact the bottom of bedwood. I put an access door for my rearend filler and some electrical relays/fuel pump I installed there. Some people fabricate and bed-width hump to allow the rearend housing to travel past the bed floor.

As far as the backspacing on your wheel/tire combo, you really have to measure carefully, taking into account the tire section (not just the advertised tread width).Here is my bed to accommodate my chassis:
That's good looking work.

My rear end touches the bed wood and actually pushes it up about 1/4"... (just enough to where you can see the wood move up not too much) thank god i put 1 inch bumpers in the C Notch because i'd probably be cracking boards.
My second go around i'm going to raise my bed probably 6 to 8 inches because I'll be doing a step notch in place of my existing C Notch so i can go lower. I like the way it looks now just need more drop.
On the backspacing that's what I'm thinking. I'm just going to need to crack down on some measuring, maybe find one of those wheel measuring tools. Just trying to see if anyone or everyone has a typical offset they use for dropping their trucks to the ground. Being my first build I'm learning that building a truck on your own has an expensive learning curve.
Krispykreme64 is offline   Reply With Quote