View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 10:29 PM   #4
joedoh

Re: Rear shock mounts on 53 S10 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
with the rear sway bar its gonna be tuff to squeeze it in there..but I prefer both my shocks behind the axle....that's just me though
its me too.

it looks like you have a gas tank behind the axle, so you probably took out the stock shock crossmember to do that. otherwise you could have just run the stock s10 lower and upper shock mounts. you instead will need a lower shock mount that welds to the axle and stocks out behind the axle a bit, and an upper mount directly above it. the stock s10 shock has like 9 inches of travel but you will never need that much unless you plan on hauling gravel (with an underbed gas tank I doubt that is your plan) so instead, go at it backwards, install the upper and lower mounts and go looking for a shock that is a little longer when extended than your distance between mounts. I found the monroe shock website is great for looking up shock dims, the drawback is you might need to know what the shock number is first. start by looking up the 98+ s10 blazer 4x4 FRONT shock, it is eye and eye mount (like what you will probably install) it is shorter than a rear shock, and is heavy duty.

good luck!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote