View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 07:40 AM   #32
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Re: whats the best way to polish mag wheels?

Great thread on polishing wheels! Not to change the direction, but how does mothers product last on vehicle paint? I need to get the winter off my truck and looking to put a good "wax" job on the paint.

I have purchased the Mothers polishes, mostly because one of my parts store buddies touted it as a "Walk On Water", hands above all paint care system. He was right, the stuff is miraculous. However, it is far more expensive than the stuff I was using at the time and it provided no more shine or paint protection than my stuff that I already had. The Mothers had three (3) different phases of appllication that they wanted their stuff appliled and with that the depth of shine was great. The parts store buddy said he was doing High End cars in his area and charging the owners a lot for the treatment. He then saw my finsih and started to question his investment. as far as I know he is still doing the Mothers on people that want the higher dollar protection, but on his own stuff he has transitioned to another product.

Remember, Black paint is hard to keep clean and shiney, see below. I use a product from the Wizards Company and I buy it by the case to get a good price and sell it to my local friends at my cost. The paint on the truck is 5 years old.
Attached Images

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)

Last edited by piecesparts; 04-18-2009 at 10:18 AM.
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote