View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 10:07 AM   #87
jimmythompson1964

Re: 1964 SWB Step Side Chop Top

I have spent the last 2 weekends thrashing on this thing trying to get it ready for my trip. It seems when you start on one thing it's like an onion there are several layers you find that needs doing while it's apart. I had to go back to my old 62 parts truck and pull some parts to get my truck fixed, just glad I have the parts to pull. It was about 95 deg. and of course I waited until mid day to pull parts. Thankfully only one rung off bolt to deal with, but there was plenty of coats of old paint and surface rust to deal with. It amazes me how much time it consumes getting this stuff ready for a coat of paint, and as you see in the picture the inner fender held up really well for 50+ years. I am sure this a familiar sight to everyone here....scrape wire brush sand and repeat...lol. I used spray on bed liner for the under side of the inner fender instead of under coating I hope it holds up, it seems like a good product. Had to run up to my buddy's shop and put it on the frame machine to get the tire to stand back up for the front end alignment. with that done it was a couple of days prepping & painting putting back together.
Attached Images

jimmythompson1964 is offline   Reply With Quote