View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
Richard H.
Spanked once

Re: The ole 350 budget build.....

Wow ,I can't believe it has almost been another year. The idea I had was to just put a slick little budget 350 in this and well I guess I am over budget
The engine somehow morphed into a aluminum headed all new , accept for the block , 383 - 425 hp ish gas gussler . Behind it is a Monster 700r 500 hp trans and I built the rear end with an Eaton 342 posi.
Completely redid the suspension with a 2-4 drop The frame is black and any part that moves on the suspension is the same blue as the truck. There is a lot of detail to it but is very rewarding. Get this , the cab is now off the frame and on a dolly and Although I have everything to retrofit the ac , I'm going to shave the firewall and go with Vintage or Oldair. (notice in the pictures the fire wall is already done)
I'm also shaving all the drip rails , pretty much have the doors done and with the cab on a dolly I can finish the top out. I'm going to post some pictures here but please keep in mind I lost my hard drive last winter and some things are not in order.
Attached Images

Richard H. is offline   Reply With Quote