View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 12:35 AM   #1042
smokedat

Re: LS1 into a 73 cheyenne

So I gave her a good blocking panel alignment and gaps and crease lines look great but as expected I had some flaws by the doors, as it got door dings for being in garage that was actively used. In some areas I exposed some metal and in others I exposed some filler. I will spray the exterior only hood, cab, doors, and bed as a surfacer once again with some house of Kolor kd3005 its a DTS surfacer/sealer. There KD 3000 line is all the same the last digit just means the tint, kd3005 is a blue tint. This primer requires an activator hardner. As far as I know they only sell this in quarts so I got 6. I will block her again then spray some PPG sealer.
Once I have the firewall painted I will install the engine just bolt the mounts and the transmission mounts. Then I will hang the front clip and continue with painting the exterior.
First objective after finishing paint is to glass the cab. I got new manual regulators and hardware from LMC, and for the front and rear I’m going with the clear flush fit from one piece products Fesler makes a real flush fit front glass but I think there pricing is off I can’t justify the cost. Another reason I’m kinda leaning toward the front glass from one piece products is because there located 1:30 Hrs away if I pick it up I can save on the shipping which is substantial at around $500 for front and rear. But I do love tha glass from Fesler. As for the door glass I will keep it original with vent window
Attached Images

Follow me on Instagram alex.barr.ios

Last edited by smokedat; 07-10-2018 at 01:05 AM.
smokedat is offline   Reply With Quote