View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 10:52 PM   #338
Spf79

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
After carefully looking at how the radiator fits I am returning it. The rubber cushions do not fit the radiator tanks correctly. With brand new GM 4 row cushions in the saddles there is 7/16" of slop in the lower saddles and about 3/8" in the uppers. My old 3 row saddles and cushions were no where near large enough to fit either.
I called Cold-Case and talked with Eric about the way it fits. Over the course of two phone calls (and my emailing photos to him) he first said that there were no known issues with the model I have and it is one of their more popular versions, but "some people may have to shim the mounts". Then on the second call he first said I needed new cushions, and when I told him I had a brand new set. He then claimed that some of the after market cushions were not correct to which I responded that mine were brand new from GM. Eric went on by saying that there really would be no problem as " once the hoses were hooked up it would never move." I told him that if they are claiming "Direct Fit" then I shouldn't have to shim the mounts and if I had wanted to fabricate mounts I would have purchased a universal race car radiator for $160 instead. It looks to me that they are trying to use some passenger car tanks as truck tanks and hope no one notices. He did say that if Jegs wouldn't allow me to return it he would allow me to return it to ColdCase directly.
I wanted a drop in no fuss aluminum 2 row radiator with at least 1" tubes. That would work with the factory shroud and fan. But it looks as if that is going to be at least a $7-800 deal.
If it isn't DIRECT FIT then say so! If they had been honest about how it fits then I would have found a way to make it work.

I called Jegs and they have no problem with the return. The gentleman I talked to said he almost spit his soda all over his computer after I told him about the" once the hoses were hooked up it would never move." line ColdCase gave me.

I'm glad to see that JEGS is taking care of you on it. !!!