View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 07:41 AM   #70
oldman3

Re: Bolt on mustang ii

Quote:
Originally Posted by northern 49 View Post
I was thinking the same kind of thing. You have to remember that when everything thing is put back together and all the weight is back on the suspension your lower control arms should be parallel to the ground. That should free things up a bit. Right now your springs are pushing the arms to the bottom of their range of motion and once the truck is back on the ground the arms will rarely extend that far again unless you jack it up or you are out pretending you are one of the Duke boys. And some of these springs do require trimming to achieve final ride height once they have been given a chance to settle for a few miles.
I would say 98 % of you problems will go away when you have full weight on the front suspension. Your lower control arm should be parallel with the bottom of crossmember. Top arm should be above the top hat, this will change the angle of the arm, ball joint and spindle. I don't have access to pictures now to show what I'm talking about. If you go to my build thread and back about 4 pages from last page I switch over to coil over and the pictures there might help...Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote