View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 10:36 AM   #208
Curt's_72

Re: Curt's '72 K20 Resto-mod

I wanted to show the installation of the 3 point shoulder belts I purchased from Tom on for sale postings. The safety upgrade was well worth it. The installation was easy.

After much deliberation, I went with white over ivory. I felt originally that ivory would be a tick too dark. After seeing them, I feel ivory would have worked as well.

I painted the buckles and retractor housings and B pillar covers using SEM super white 10503. I would suggest using the sand free primer first, as the rough finish won't allow any sanding. Time will tell if they need redone.

You can't use the oem style bolts on the belts. The holes in the mounting brackets are too small for the shoulder of the existing bolts. New hardware is included. I opted for a 1/4" longer bolt for the belts than what was provided.

The B pillar bolts were provided as well. I highly recommend running a tap through the holes before attempting the installation. 7/16-20 is the size. I found that the cover wouldn't fit well when I tightened the pillar bolts firmly. I backed them off just a bit.

It's obvious you're wearing a restraint now, rather than just a lap belt. I'm also hoping a couple of dollars in insurance savings because of this safety upgrade.

As you can see, they're tasteful and functional. I had considered this for some time, but hadn't found a set that looked stock enough and didn't require potential fabrication for installation.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=494493
Curt's_72 is offline   Reply With Quote