View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 03:01 PM   #39
lyrikz
PITbut

Re: Started a new project. 1970 Blazer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton'sblazer View Post
I'm looking at the same cage from bronco bob. I to am a cage virgin. So how involved is putting this kit together? I have a friend who is a certified welder that can help me. How well did it go together? Can you give us some more pics? Always remember, any info you put out there somebody can always learn from your experiences.

I did it with just me and my kid. It wasnt bad. The hardest part is the side bars. You have to cope them at a really really weird angle. I messed up one side, but it will still work. I can get more pics. I plan on making the front removable. Im taking the two front bars and having the lower legs bent outward to allow for more leg room getting in. I will get pics of that later also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieferson View Post
I dont see why you couldnt seal them off, would probably be easier to just "enhance" the drain system of the rockers and coat them in a ton of some sort of rust encapsulation. I even joked around with a buddy of mine about making a little door in the front of both of them so that you could get a hose in there and really clean it out good. Just buy an extra set of rockers, putting new ones in every 30 years isnt that bad is it?
These rockers had been replaced once before, thats whats crazy. I just want the big chunks out. I will see what i can do.. wish i remembered were that post was.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676047

My new YOUTUBE channel.. Videos of my truck and a current walk around.
Lyrikz74 Youtube channel DONE! SOLD!

My 1971 stepside build thread
My Build Thread UPDATED 6/11. DONE
and sold.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote