Thread: Retro-Tech- 77
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #11
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: Retro-Tech- 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerphin View Post
....Do you know what headlights and driving lights you are going to use?
I plan to use the 7" conversion headlights sold by "Round Eye" (Pic below)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAnimals View Post
....That grill is awesome, as well as the rest of the truck
Quote:
What about that COOL "1-year only" yellow trim that the '77 model trucks are famous for?
The trim stays intact. I will be using that as an accent color on others areas, possibly under the hood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK454 View Post
The grill looks awesome, but I prefer the 77-78 style grills.
Yeah, I know but you are biased. Great to see you back again, and thanks for keeping us safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.monroe View Post
Any more details Ken? I see the sponsors . Grille , air ride, etc. but it looks like new wheels are in the works . Salt flat style? Something like Hazels' rollers? Come on man!
I am also curious about the trim. I know you are sitting on a black NOS trim set . Sounds like you have been a busy little planner.
Frank
I have been slowly working on this for a while. I have a full set of renderings, but some of the changes are still undecided. The wheels are not set yet, but I do look the retro looks with gray centers to match the gray grill and headlight surround.

I truly appreciate all the kind words and compliments. My truck is clean, but it could use a good refreshing, so I decided to take it a step further. All of the external changes will be "bolt on". I plan to keep all of the original parts in the event that I ever want to reverse the process.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote