View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 10:42 PM   #2
BTK

Re: C-Notch 2003 GMC

I have it installed on my truck and it's perfect. I would recommend just leaving the bumpstops out as it gives another 1" or so of clearance. As far as strength goes, the notch seems to be good quality. I've towed with mine plenty but I would suggest getting an air bag helper kit. Usually $200-300 for the compressor and all bolt on. I run monroe air shocks on mine and it rides perfect but it's just not enough with a trailer hooked too it.

There are other companies that do make a larger c notch kit, but you'll be running into bed cutting territory. I have the stock floor in my truck and the travel is great, my truck rides 10x better than it did stock.

Cheapest places out there for these trucks are either Mcgaughy store or Grunion Fabrication which is in AZ. Since you live there you might get it cheaper.

EDIT: Do you have lowering shackles and a flip kit? If so, I might suggest putting on a set of stock shackles after the c notch to give you even a little more ride. With mine at 4/6 it sits level, it was at 4/8 with drop shackles and started to look all mini-truckin'.
Attached Images

Last edited by BTK; 01-04-2016 at 10:56 PM.
BTK is offline   Reply With Quote