View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 11:40 PM   #4
cobra_4

Re: Project Ole Blue:'72 SWB

Finally got it home tonight! Drives pretty nice considering the tires are junk. I didn't get on it too much but it feels pretty strong. Shifter is gonna have to have some work, its either wore out, out of adjustment, about to fall out, or all three.

A shot with my other truck.

The right front fender is a little rougher than I thought. Probably going to replace it with a donor off my white truck. The white fender has some rust, but that can be fixed alot easier than the massive dents and who knows how old bondo in my blue fender.

Gonna give under the hood a good bath hopefully Saturday. I've got a different breather for it, probably swap the valve covers too just to give a reason to get a sneak peak down into the motor. I don't know exactly how much I wanna do under the hood, since I'm going for the patina'd shop truck look. Though I might make it slick under the hood, I kinda like that contrast look too, we will see.

Inside is decent, one door panel is better than the other. Its got kind of a carpet, rubber mat, rust combo going on it the floor. Gonna get all this cleaned up and see what I've got. I've got a awesome seat for it, but its red and black. May put it in and toss a cover over it.

Got a little cancer in the floor.

Always cool to find these in the glove box.

The worst part is the bed, not exactly sure how I want to handle this.

So here she is, home and ready to start working on. Overall I'm happy with it. For the price I paid, I'm in a running and driving truck in a more favorable year for a lot less money than I could have got my white truck on the road for. Plus its a lot more fun to work on something when you can drive it to the store for parts before hand, then take it out to town after the project.

Much more coming!
Late model bed, smoothed engine bay, digital dash, custom interior CLICK HERE for pictures
cobra_4 is offline   Reply With Quote