View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 10:18 AM   #20
mikebte

Re: What’s the most practical way to swap engines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phungki View Post
tell me if this is way off base pls. find a donor from 87 to 92 that has the 350/700r4 that im looking for and use as much of the donors wiring harness that i can. I can find a crossmember that conforms to this frame and matches up to the 700r4. Ive found engine mounts that do the same as well. Im new to this extensive automotive work so ple tell me if im heading into a complete nightmare that isnt likely to work.
My Dad has rebuilt a few cars in his day and has every tool one could want except a lift. He will be a big help i have no doubt but he is also a mopar/jeep guy(as i have always been, but this series of truck is too sexy to pass up lol). I already got the raised eyebrow when i told him about it.

any and all comments and info is appreciated. Im just trying to learn and not make too many costly mistakes. This is going to be my pasttime for the next few years so in getting it road worthy anyway.

thank you again to everyone who has commented on this thread
Sounds completely logical. 87-92 you have a good choice on 350 (TPI/ TBI/ Carb) and the 700R4 is not a computer controlled transmission, so if you opt to run the carb it will work just fine.

If you run into any issues on wiring, you know were to find all of us.
mikebte is offline   Reply With Quote