Thread: Dually Wheels
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #24
pig rig

Re: Dually Wheels

Im looking at the picture you posted 1badgmc
not trying to be a dick but let me correct you the first picture is a std hub pilot wheel thats had the flang milled down (in my opinon) to clear the lugs from hitting the front fenderwells when laied out and the second picture is the townasty and judging by the flang thickness it hasnt been milled. thats a good picture to see the offset of the townasty wheel

now let me say this
Im not an expert semi wheel guy but Ive spent a lot of time on the phone with trevor from tennessee wheel and tire before I bought 12 wheels and 8 adaptors. along with reading the alcoa book on up keep of their wheels, and its not how to wash and polish them. the book goes in to detail on how to fix and service them so that truck companys can save them and make them last. so with that said heres my opinon. if the wheels are at a junk yard its for a good resone, and their are alot of different typs of semi wheels: size, bolt pattron,hub piloted, non hub piloted, lug piloted, non lug piloted, offsets and so on unless you know what your looking for your better off to make the jump and buy them from someone thats on the same page as you. in the long run you may save yourself time and money.
Im not try'n to tell anyone how to spend their dollars because you'll do it your way in the end

http://hubgarage.s3.amazonaws.com/ph...ped_detail.JPG
pig rig is offline   Reply With Quote