View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 11:17 PM   #78
ricott

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

You are really making great progress with getting the cab mounted. I will be asking for reference points and heights soon! You mentioned that you were a DIY person related to the wiring (and everything else it appears!). From the looks of your engine, it appears you could have this engine running in short order. If you purchase a Trailblazer SS underhood fuse block the engine harness will bolt to it to power the engine. Then all you need are 4 or 5 wires out of the Trailblazer SS underhood fuseblock connected for the engine to run. If you didn't get it, you will need to purchase a 2003-2005 computer (I have the number here at the house) from any chevy pickup that had a 5.3 engine (almost all), and you will need a Drive by Wire accelerator petal (can also be found in 2003-2005 pickups). You will need to have the "Theft" turned off in the computer (and while they are at it they can delete the rear O2 sensors - both can be done for less than $100 from several mail order shops - I can give you some names if you like, or go over to LS1Tech and look in the conversions and hybrids section and they can point you in the right direction). The 5.3 pickup tune will run this engine perfectly (in my opinion) as long as you don't change the cam or injectors.
Great gob documenting the build, you will save me countless hours on the frame fabrication part, I hope I can try and save you some time figuring out the wiring part.

Ricky
ricott is offline   Reply With Quote