View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 08:34 AM   #4
Dannyboy1966

Re: Fuel Tank and aftermarket EFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdub310 View Post
The manufacturers of most (all?) of these systems generally recommend against using the stock fuel lines, and you're going to need a return line. By the time you run new lines, swap in two new tanks, and get it all working together, it's a major undertaking.

To keep things simpler, you might want to consider eliminating one of your tanks, replacing the other tank with a new aftermarket unit, running new supply and return lines to it, and installing something like the Aeromotive Stealth 340 in-tank pump conversion (Holley also makes a similar product). While you'd give up the extra fuel capacity of the second tank, you should see improved fuel economy which would help offset the loss of range.
As far as running new fuel lines go, that isn't a problem, I'm already going to be under it running Transmission cooler lines anyway. It is a good idea to do away with the second tank though, It was the one that still needed replaced anyway I already replaced the driver side tank, besides I don't drive on long trips anymore so one tank should be plenty.
Dannyboy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote