View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #11
Jahloha

Re: For Gramps (1970 C20 RestoMod)

UPDATE:

It took me two days and a grinder, but the saddle tanks are off. I love working on my truck and it drives me crazy when you are in the middle of a step, but cant work on it because you are missing a piece or tool.

The saddle tank nuts came off relatively easy and the body bracket did as well; but once the nuts were removed, three of the bolts had rust frozen to their holes that run through the tanks. So I had to grind the heads off, only two minor scuffs on the bed, so I consider it successful.

The tanks are both in good condition, but I am not sure if they will go back into the truck. They definitely will go back in if I can figure out how to install sending units so I can use these and remove my in cad tank. Let me know if you have done this.

I also read there might be clearance issues once the tanks dropped, but I didn't find that to be the case on my truck. So it made this removal even easier.

Mahalo!
Attached Images

My grandpa, Gramps, won a 1970 C20 in 1969 for $1. I'm on a mission to restore it before he passes.

My 1970 C20 Build Thread
Jahloha is offline   Reply With Quote