View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #297
Corts60
Just here to tinker

Re: '60 GMC Suburban (Project D-Daddy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad54 View Post
I think the black wheels look excellent. Just the right amount of contrast. If you paint them body color, it'll be too repetitive.
From the roof down, it'd be Blue White Blue White Blue White to the hub cap in the center.
The whitewalls and hubcaps tie in with the white on the body, the black wheels tie in with the black on the tires and the black on the hub cap, the whole thing is tied together cleanly and neatly.

Eaton Detroit Spring is where I got the springs for my Suburban. I went with stock pick-up springs... mine sits a little higher than yours in the back, but I routinely load it up with a lot of stuff for my swap meet, hauling parts, etc. etc.
Right now it has 850 pounds of sway bars in the back of it, and earlier this month it had a little more than that of scrap metal.
For me, the stock pick-up springs lowered the rear of the Suburban a couple inches and works perfectly.
The set of pick-up truck 2-inch lowering springs made the Suburban too low for me.

-Brad
Good call man. Yeah I guess it would be really repetitive. And thanks for the heads up with Eaton spring. Did the pick up lowering springs still hold weight and not hit the bump stops or??
Posted via Mobile Device
Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote