View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 07:48 PM   #10
my56chevytruck

Re: Ground Locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android04 View Post
Hello everyone I am new around here so please take it easy on me. Over the past weekend I picked up a 1965 C10 SWB, factory power brakes, power steering, and AC for a great deal. Body is rough but after sitting for about a year according to the previous owner I cleaned out the fuel tank, put on a new fuel pump, fuel filter, and she fired right up. I have been searching for one for about 2 years for the right price and finally found her.

So needless to say I am stoked and now its time to tackle all of the gremlins. First issues is I've noticed the truck only has two grounds, one from the engine to the battery, and one from the battery to the front of truck. Shouldn't it have a few more? I've looked around online and through the faqs with no luck. I'm guessing it should have one under the cab attached to the frame and one under the bed as well.

I have a feeling this is a contributor to my light issue. Any help would be great.
I'm by no means an electrical guru, but, with the direction years ago, I was told to ground all you can, so on my rides, I've grounded the battery to the frame, along with the transmission, and engine to the frame. Yes, the gauges have various grounds as well, so maybe this will give you a headstart.
my56chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote