View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 09:57 PM   #4
randy500
Account Suspended

Re: PPG paint cost, opinions requested!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
Check into Omni plus. It is WAY cheaper than the DBU [deltron] and it feels almost the same. I can tell the difference of the Omni [regular] and the Omni plus in the can just by shaking it the Plus and the DBU I can tell no difference in the can and the plus sprays out like the DBU and covers well also. I have been using Omni for maybe like 17 years or so and the plus since it started and the plus is some really good stuff. I do like it more now that more colors are becoming available in the plus. I still use the Omni clear though MC 270 I have a shop on the side of the highway surrounded by fields and the dust free in 5 min and tack free in 15 or so really adds bonus points for me.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I only used lower grade paint a few times when I was in Germany, '86 to '89, it was standox, I hated that stuff, just like water and took a while to dry too, I guess its a higher end paint now here in the US? I also sprayed with SATA guns over there and hated them too, until I got used to them.
I haven't painted anything now in almost 20 years, I don't think Omni existed then but one of my cheap friends, a real hack started using Nason at the time, I refused.
I will have to go in my old paint store and see how the Omni Plus prices out.
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote