View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 06:09 AM   #1
zogorion

2002 Suburban Service Engine Soon light flashing. Help!

Hello all, one of my counterparts just left to head back to the states and I inherited his vehicle. It's an '02 2500 Suburban 4x4 LS 6.0L OK, now for the good part. It's running like shyt. It typically idles around 200 RPM when hot, and constantly stalls. The motor feels extremely down on power, I'm not sure if I could even redline it in Neutral. Sometimes the electrical system goes completely tits-up. The motor dies, And all electical power is gone, clock goes back to 12:00, radio presets go away, etc. All the while the SES light is flashing, and I need to know if there's a way I can get the trouble codes out of it without a scanner. As I am in Northern Iraq right now, and there's not exactly any NAPA's down the street. I may be able to scrounge up some parts for it though, if I know what to look for, as there are a lot of wrecked/damaged 'Burbs of the same year. Based on what I've seen this environment do to vehicles. Buy a Super Duty Ford 4x4 or Excursion 4x4 if you want it to last. The roads, if you want to call them that, will DESTROY anything with independant suspension, especially 2x4 vehicles are toast. Solid axle rules Iraq. Thanks.
zogorion is offline   Reply With Quote